What’s on your back-to-school to-do list? Most teachers have “bulletin boards” on their minds as they prepare for a new school year. Even with so many new aspects to focus on this year, teachers love to find new ways to make students feel welcome to their in-person or virtual classrooms. One way to do so is by creating a bulletin board that is colorful, displays helpful information, and makes our students smile under their masks. Whether the bulletin board is punny, contains safety information, or showcases a positive message, students will be sure to notice the value that comes with these displays.
Here are 17 bulletin board ideas that match the evolving times we’re in!
1.Remind students just how excited you are to get paper books back into their hands.
2. Remind everyone: No touching and keep your distance!
3. Encourage students to focus on a positive mindset.
4. Let your puppy teach the ways!
5. Choose a word or theme of the month to focus on.
No doubt we all need to persevere through this school year! Other themes of the month could be relationships, fairness, communication, or problem-solving. Check out these tips on creating a focus wall in your classroom!
6. Displaying safety/health rules is a must.
7. Treat your mask like your underwear!
8. Emphasis on TOGETHER!
9. Impose words of wisdom.
10. We can do virtually anything!
11. A punny bulletin board is sure to make your students smile under their masks!
12. Remind students that all are welcome.
13. We all need this reminder…
14. Not in the mood to start a fresh bulletin board? Use the cross-out trick!
15. Help students feel of a sense of belonging by displaying photos of their families on a bulletin board.
This year more than ever, students are feeling anxious about being in school. Photos of their families and pets will make them feel right at home.
16. Remind students that they’re not alone!
It really can’t be said enough this year.
Bulletin boards always brighten the hallways and encourage curiosity in our students. As we welcome students back to in-person learning or teach them virtually, use these bulletin board ideas as a way to spread positivity and provide important information.