We could all use some extra cheer this winter! Here are 45 festive holiday classroom doors made by amazing teachers. Many are made from materials you probably already have handy.
1. A loud classroom is a productive classroom!
2. Incorporate all of your favorite things: a tree, a snowman, and a cozy cottage with a chimney!
3. Use your letter of the week to decorate the tree
4. Turn the entire door into a huge snowman!
5. Write student names inside of bulbs
6. A nice warm chimney is always welcoming!
7. Make 3D snow globes out of clear plates and place pictures of your students inside the globes
- Draw a circle on computer paper and glue down a student photo in the middle. Students can also decorate the paper as well.
- Cut out the circle paper globe.
- Put a pile of white sparkles or tiny styrofoam balls into the center of the paper.
- Glue a clear paper plate around the edge of the paper. Allow time to dry before hanging on the door!
8. Teaching from home? Decorate the background there!
9. Who doesn’t love the Nutcracker this time of year?
10. We love a bitmoji moment
11. Bring on the coffee cups!
12. Here’s another coffee shop door decor option!
13. Feliz Navidad
14. Olaf’s smile will never get old!
15. And, Olaf has so many amazing quotes to use for your door!
16. Can there really be too much Olaf on holiday classroom doors?
17. Match your door to a book you’ve read with your class, like The Gingerbread Man
18. For the elf-on-a-shelf teachers
19. The Grinch can even make an appearance!
20. Reading teachers will love this one
21. Santa is stuck!
22. Door decorating tip: Use wrapping paper around your door
23. Or you can use bulletin board paper as a door backdrop
24. Create a play on words!
25. This door is dreamy
26. Hopefully the inside of this classroom isn’t as cold as the igloo appears to be
27. Snoopy is always adorable too!
28. Decorate your door like you would a gingerbread house
29. Make your door 3D with a pop-out reindeer!
30. Or use old newspapers to make your tree 3D
31. Repurpose cups as a 3D snowman!
32. Harry Potter themed holiday decor will never get old
33. Review geometric shapes while designing your door
34. Some Polar Express fun & a singing reindeer!
35. Turn your door into a coloring page for students to color in
You might consider making this a reward as well. If students reach an objective, they can color in a part of the door. Genius!
36. Keep it simple & put your students’ names up on the door with some lights
37. Make it a little fancier with real lights strung across your door
38. I don’t know what to love more: the decorated cactus or the pup!
39. Elf has to make an appearance. Non-negotiable.
40. Perfect for our computer science teachers!
41. This penguin just looks so cozy
42. Create a kindness activity while decorating the door!
43. Decorate with mittens
44. Falalala llama!
45. Create a selfie station by leaving the window to your door clear!
Kids will love seeing these holiday classroom doors. It will make your classroom feel that much more welcoming each morning (even for students seeing it through a screen). Happy crafting!